Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Foreword

The purpose of this blog is a simple one: To provide the readers with meals from all of the 192 currently recognized countries in the world, and to give them a small insight into the cultures of those countries as well.

Before I launch into this exciting adventure, a small bit of information about me. I am 16 years old, in 10th grade, and homeschooled. Part of our homeschooling involves random projects once in a while, but never one of such a large proportion as this one. I only have 27 months left until I graduate from high school, and in those 27 months, 192 meals must be made, each with step by step photographs and a small write up on the country the food originated from.

Each month will contain seven meals, which evens out to approximately two meals per week. A day or two before each meal is posted, a short post with information about the country and its culture will be put up, so you have an idea of where the food comes from.

Each recipe posted will contain a printable recipe as well as step by step instructions with pictures, so you can easily recreate the recipes in your kitchen.

The first country we will be visiting is Venezuela, so buckle up, and be ready to discover the flavors of the world.

5 comments:

Alea Milham said...

This is a brilliant, beyond brilliant idea! My family will be following you, perhaps I can even get my 16 yo son in the kitchen to help me cook some of these meals : )

judahmo said...

This is a great idea! I look forward to using this blog as a resource for new recipes and geography studies! :-)
Good Luck!
Shannon

Kat said...

I love the numerous photos; very helpful.

Iris said...

I'll be checking back. What an awesome project. I love how you've even calculated how many meals and places you'll need to research by graduation.

Unknown said...

I love this website. Could you please put the different recipe names in upper case or bold type so they're easy to locate? Best of luck to you on your journey.